Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Complaining

I've been complaining a lot lately. Every morning when I wake up dis-contentedness threatens to ruin my entire day and I start whining about the things that aren't exactly how I want them. I hate complaining. It is SO annoying. And I hate it when I constantly have that attitude. It's rather exhausting. So, that being said, I'm asking God to help me refocus and realize how much I have to be thankful for, first and foremost, my salvation in Christ alone. Along with a million other things, here is a list I made in an effort to be more thankful.

Thanking God for:
-cute aprons
-music to cook/clean house to
-my trusty car, Vinny
-the time off to go visit Sister and Brother-in-law
-my awesome church family
-God's grace in keeping me at home, keeping me from making stupid mistakes
-My Dad, who keeps me smiling
-my first niece or nephew on the way!!!!
-the privilege to make food for Wednesday night Bible study and serve the body of Christ
-dishwashers
-Coca-Cola (especially from Sonic)
-my Love story....even though it hasn't played out yet and I don't know when it will, God has it all planned out and it's going to be beautiful
- Olivia Jane, ya, uh-huh.
-Inside jokes(even the stupid juans)
-forgiveness
-A mom that I can talk to about anything and everything, and how she brings me back to reality when I'm lost in my dramatic world of extremes. :)
-words to express thoughts, feelings, and emotions with

2 comments:

Tom Gabbard said...

"stupid juans"!!!!! Oh no, how could you say that?? Those juans are the absolutest best juans! :)
(No, I am not complaining by the way!)

Jessie Rae said...

LOL!!!! I only said that to see what you'd say. :P It worked!!!