Friday, September 3, 2010

New Favorites

Ok, so at the Farmhouse we have a new menu. Which other than making me have to memorize a whole new menu, it's pretty awesome. Not only is it a new look, but we've added a few things and improved what was already there. I thought it my duty to try as many of the new items as possible in order to be better equipped to serve my guests. I know, I know, it's a tough responsibility, but hey, someone's gotta do it. So, I started out the tasting with the new Sweet Potato Pancakes. I almost fainted after the first bite. They were simply WONDERFUL!!! The pecan praline syrup on top was just sinful and I ate all three giant pancakes on my plate. :) We've also got a couple new sandwiches on the menu: The Farmhouse Club and The Catfish PoBoy. I've had both. The club is super yummy and you get like 4 big wedges of sandwich! Add a side of the new sweet potato fries with homemade ranch and you're in business. Ok, so I thought the club was good....but then I had the PoBoy.......and once again people were catching me so I wouldn't faint. IT IS SO YUMMY!!!!!!!! Like "make you wanna slap the person closest to you" yummy! It's also one huge sandwich...which means you get to take the other half home to drool over the next day for lunch. Needless to say I am counting the minutes until lunch time. I keep opening my fridge to stare at my recyclable to go box that has the pure goodness inside. WaHAHAHA! Food is so fun.

Enough of food for now. On to another new favorite. A new song. And with that last sentence some of you are already cringing at what will come in the next sentence. Because, ladies and gentlemen, most of you have guessed....it's a new Owl City song. :D He wrote it for that new movie coming out later this month about...you guessed it....owls. The song is about flying and since I've always wanted to fly I immediately fell in love with it. It is easily in my top five favorite Owl City songs. So of course I went straight to iTunes and bought it with my hard earned tip money from the night before. :) It's called To The Sky and it's wondermous!



















1 comment:

Anna Baskin said...

"Wide eyes are always brighter" Like this song! (even though Owl City tends to drive my little heart crazy) just sayin Jessie Rae:) But cool I watched this thng on Tv these guys were in wing suits and they hike up mountains all over the world and jump off soaring to the bottom...we must go!lol after water rafting theirs nothing stopping us.
Sorry for the long comment, thanks girl for being bright* and encouraging.

Love Anna