Monday, November 15, 2010

You Are Being Loved

I don't normally share my personal journal with anyone. It kinda defeats the purpose of a "personal" journal. :) However on this rare occasion I would like to share the entry I wrote today. I haven't blogged in a while and I've had a couple people ask me if I was ever gonna blog again, so here ya go :)

Monday, November 15, 2010-

"Dad just built the first fire of the season in our fireplace and it's sent me into a state of reverie. It takes me back to last December. We had a fire in the fireplace all the time and we'd all read or roast marshmallows, or play cards in front of the fire. December wasn't exactly the easiest month for me last year. Sister got married and moved to a different country....ok so just Louisville, KY, but at the time it seemed like a different country. And in that month I also said good-bye to another best friend for very different reasons. It was a hard winter for me. I was torn between what I wanted to do and what I knew was right and best. There were many times I wanted to give up and leave home. Times when I thought it would make me happier if I just ran away. But it was the good times, the happy times around the fire that kept me here. Sitting and talking and laughing with my family helped me realize what I would be throwing away if I left. It was there that I felt the warmth of my family's love and the closeness of God and His loving hand, keeping me right where He wanted me.
Now, looking back, I'm so happy that I stayed. I'm so thankful that God protected me from making even more stupid mistakes than I had already made.
I know that someday this stage of life will end and I'll begin another and things will never be how they once were...it's called life. So I want to cherish this time, this stage of life when it's just us four at home. I want to be able to look back at now and cherish those memories as well, instead of wishing it away and rushing into the next stage.
Thank you God, for giving me such a wonderful family.

-JRae

P.S. Happy Birthday, Ross :)

4 comments:

Tom Gabbard said...

The blessings of family!!.....which are, in reality, gifts from the hand of God to us!

Ashley said...

I love you. Thanks for making me cry :-)

Amy said...

beautiful. these thoughts...and you.

Cat Andrews said...

this really made me think about alot of things...you're awesome JRae :)