Monday, May 17, 2010

Twins for Life


Last night I spent the night with my Dear Twin, Hannah. Now, let me explain, we really don't look alike at all. But the scary ways that we are alike is rather astounding and has been super fun to discover how alike we really are. :) Any-hoo, we stayed up till past 2 in the morning, talking, laughing, crying, sharing life stories, encouraging and being encouraged by one another, and glorying in Christ's love together. I am excited to see what God is going to bring out of our new found friendship and I am so thankful for her.
After we finally exhausted all topics for the night we decided to go to bed. And it was one comfy bed, by the way,(thanks Lily!!!). The plan was to get up at around 8:30 to get to Pancake Pantry before it got to late in the day. Ya well at about 10:30 we finally got out of bed. :) But we still went to the wonderful Pantry of Pancakes and shared a FABULOUS plate of French toast and consumed a fair amount of that sweet nectar of life, also known as coffee. Thoroughly satisfied with our brunch we set out to do some shopping at the cute stationary/knick knack stores that are around Pancake Pantry. We found a few treasures and proceeded to Starbucks where we drank more coffee..Frappacinos(sp?) to be exact. And once again we talked and talked and discovered more ways we were alike and a few that were different to the shock of both parties. I so enjoyed sitting there with her in the sunshine and feeling like I'd known her my whole life, as opposed to only around 6 months....3 or 4 of which we had no communication due to our lack of commitment to letter writing. :P
After Starbucks she drove me home with the help of our trusty GPS who, by the way, is in desperate need of a good name. We parted with many hopes of similar future outings.
At present I sit at my dining room table, listening to Sara Groves, and feeling the love and warmth of a cozy home and a family that I wouldn't trade for anything. God is faithful and I'm so thankful that He is.

No comments: