Monday, May 31, 2010

New Job

Cue the Hallelujah Chorus!!!!!! Tomorrow is officially my last day to clean at The Fontanel Mansion!!!!!!!!!! And what's even more exciting (squeal of delight) is that I will be start training to be a waitress at the Farmhouse Restaurant that they just built at Fontanel. I am SUPER excited to start something new! It involves people and food....what else is there??? :)

Matt and Ashley came down this weekend and I (as always) enjoyed having them around. I REALLY REALLY hope they can move to Nashville soon. Sister looks rather adorable with her baby belly and I can't resist talking to her belly like a crazy person. :P O! While they were here, Matt let me drive his truck!!! IT WAS SOOOOOO AWESOME!!!! I've never really understood that whole "driving is fun" thing....but if you have a vehicle like that....everything becomes clear. I want one. The End. I have the coolest brother-in-law EVER. THE END.

At present I'm actually at Fontanel, in Mom's office drinking a cold coke in a can and enjoying some Vanilla Twilight after working for 10 hours. I should probably start planning what I want to meal I want to fix for the Bible study on Wednesday that I'm a part of. It's at an apartment complex in a part of town that most people find a little intimidating. And I won't lie, I was a little nervous when I signed on to be a part of it. And have already seen some things that shook me up pretty bad. But what boggled my mind, was that those same things were everyday life for the people who live there. It makes me thankful for the little things and even guilty for my petty worries and "problems". It shows me how self-centered I have become, when there are plenty of opportunities for me to forget about myself and serve others who need it more than I do.
The people that I've met have been so very encouraging, sweet, genuine, transparent people. And I have begun to grow attached to them and look forward to each Wednesday when I can cultivate deeper relationships with each of them and with the power of the Gospel show them Christ. In a way, they are easier to get to know than most Christians that I know, because they have nothing to hide, they don't try to hide anything and they will flat out tell you, ya I'm messed up. It's convicting to me, because even though I like to think of myself as a very transparent/open person, I know how to put a face on and I'm good at it....we all are. Being around this group of people has been very sobering and humbling for me and I'm excited to see what God is going to do in my heart, as well as theirs.
So ya, I totally did not even intend to write the above paragraph...I was actually on my way to ending the post, but out came that. :P Any-hoo.....

I want to go home now and go to bed. The End. :d

1 comment:

Tom Gabbard said...

Great observations about the apartment ministry Jessie. These experiences certainly do confront us with, what is, everyday reality for many adults and children. But, we have a treasure in these earthen vessels to share with those in despair.....The Unsearchable Riches of Christ!