Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Earlier this evening I found myself alone at home. And instead of going to bed at 7:30 like I was inclined to do, I began doing a few things that needed done in the kitchen. I scarcely do any sort of housework without music and this time was no exception. I turned on my Owl City playlist and threw the volume up as loud as it would go. :) As I ran water in the sink to do dishes, I glanced up through the windows of the sunroom that look out into the backyard. And what I saw made me smile....fireflies. :) My wheels began turning and the dishes were forgotten. I grabbed my iPod and it's speakers and a mason jar and went outside to be a kid again. Thankful for outside electrical outlets, I plugged in my music again and thought it only fitting to catch fireflies to the song.....Fireflies by Owl City. My lightning bug catching technique is a little rusty and I wasn't to successful, but I had fun. My Dad and brother came home to find me prancing in our backyard in my pink plaid pajamas with a glowing mason jar in my hands. Ross was all too happy to join and with his rather good firefly catching skills we caught at least 6 or 7. I enjoyed it thoroughly and was glad to make a great memory with my brother. To any of you who may have been worried about the well-being of the fascinating little insects, they were promptly set free and none were harmed. :)

Jessie Rae

P.S. Sorry to those of you who would prefer that the music not start automatically..but it was a must for the effect of the post. Thanks for understanding. :P

2 comments:

Ashley said...

My dear sister, you are the cutest person I know. I'm so glad you had a bit of time to be a kid again :) I love you!

p.s. The music was extremely effective.

Lily said...

you make me smile!!! you are the cutest!!!!!