Thursday, July 22, 2010

ABC, swimming, and bricks.

Wow. It has been a total whirlwind of a week. I can't believe it's already Thursday. Here's a run-down of my week, since I know you are pacing your floor going, "What do I do? I don't know what Jessie Rae did this week....I can't function...How am I supposed to live?"

Monday- Housework duties in the morning, went to work and had lunch/dinner depending on who you are with a friend and then made absolutely no money waiting tables until about 8:00.

Tuesday-I slept in really late that day....then had lunch with my Carmenita and we talked wedding stuff and she promised not to make me wear a ugly dress. :) Then I went to work.

Wednesday- O this was a fun day....kinda. I spent 5 loooooong hours in an ABC card class so I could serve alcohol at the Farmhouse Restaurant. It was very very very boring. The End. After that I was a hop, skip, and a jump from Maurices and Shoe Carnival and in no time flat was swiping my card to buy a pair of red shoes, jeans, and 2 shirts....one of which was half off since I bought jeans. Great day! Then I went to Bible study and heard some awesome singing and teaching. Then to prayer meeting where God was very present.

Thursday-Also known as today, I got up and peeled/slice/froze some peaches. I then put on my swimsuit and went swimming with my Hannah Twin and Ben Friend where we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and I got very red in the face. :) I then went home, got cleaned up, and went to work. We were pretty busy tonight and I made some good money. I also did the unthinkable....I wore a pair of crocs. Blah. I apologize to all you croc lovers including the sweet Lily that picked them up at the store for me, but as comfy as they are....They are hidious on me. But alas, I wore them anyway. Another highlight of the night was when I served a guest a brick....yes I put a foil covered brick on the plate and gave it to him. You know, it's funny, I've never seen anyone so thrilled to receive a brick before. But apparently it made his day. :) Glad I could help. :P

Any-hoo, I am SUPER SLEEPY and am off to bed for a busy day of grocery shopping tomorrow. Goodnight All!!!

P.S. Have I ever mentioned that I have the coolest Mom on the planet?? Well, I do...just sayin.

2 comments:

Lily said...

1. You made no money on Monday night? :(
2. I am SO proud you wore the crocs!! :D Go girl!! Don't worry you will feel very hip and cool wearing 'em at camp like everyone else! ~:-D
3. I love that you gave someone a brick! hahaha
4. Love you sweet pea! xxoo

Jessie Rae said...

1.Nope sure didn't :P
2.Glad I could make you proud. :)
3.Ya it was pretty awesome. The guy I gave it to is one of the tour guides at Fontanel. It was a big inside joke thing.:)
4.Love you more! can't wait to work kitchen staff with you at camp!