Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Huzzah!....I mean... Hey ya'll!


Last night was my very firs night as a Farmhouse Restauant at Fontanel waitress! It was SO much fun!!!! For a while we had some live bluegrass to wait tables to and all of the serbvers were practically line dancing to our tables. :P I got there an hour before my shift started so I could figure out what in the world I was doing and after a little observing I tackled my first table. :) Actually I didn't really tackle them...that might have gotten me fired, so I decided smiling and walking up to them was a better idea. Everyone I waited on was very friendly and I've decided that Canadian people are the funnest people on the planet. Eh? I had two different tables with people from Canada and my stomach hurt from laughing so much! One of them was like, "where is he healthy food?". The answer to that is, "not here". :)

The computer system we use is really simple and once I get used to it I think it's going to go much faster. I only handled two tables at a time since it was my first night, but they might give me three tonight. It is really tiring work but so fun and there's nothing like crashing into bed after a night of good hard work. I slept like a baby last night and my feet were protesting when I put them on the floor.....I have got to find some major comfy shoes. I thought I had some, but apparently not. Maybe waitressing has no hope of coming home with not-aching feet?

Any-hoo, it was a blast and I can't wait for tonight! Come eat at the Farmhouse Restaurant and see me!!!!! The food is FABULOUS, everything from the veggies to the meat is from local farmers, and the desserts are homemade. I haven't stopped hearing about the hummingbird cake and I personally had a bite of the bread pudding....AWESOME! And I had fried chicken for dinner....oh goodness...there just aren't words....and the same goes for the baked mac and cheese. I work 4- close tonight so come on over!!! Pretty Please!!!! with butter on top!!

-Jessie Rae

2 comments:

Ashley said...

LOL pretty please with butter on top!! You are so funny!

Marjorie said...

Try "Keen" brand shoes, that's what I wore when I waitress-ed and my feet always felt great. Or go to zappos and search nursing shoes. :)