Friday, March 12, 2010

I Got Sunshine, On a Cloudy Day....


I spent the majority of my day at Fontanel cleaning the pool area. When I got to work, Mom wanted to show me some specifics of a few things she wanted done down there. So we proceeded to walk out onto the balcony overlooking the pool so she could give me some direction. We were discussing how I should clean the brick floors when some movement at the edge of the pool caught my attention. "EW EW EW, It's a mouse. A mouse in the pool. There's a mouse in the pool. It's alive. EW! EW! EW!", I said as I pointed and made faces of disgust. BLAH! Since our Trusty Maintenance Man Michael wasn't there yet, I appointed myself "mouse fisher" and ran for the pool net that had the really really looooooong pole. So once I had the little creature scooped up into the net.....then what? Mom told me to just throw it outside, but I couldn't get the door open with the pole in my hand so Mom started to come downstairs to open the door for me. (She was still up on the balcony) But before she could get down there the mouse decided to crawl out of the net!!! So I had to drop it back into the pool a couple of times to keep it from escaping. The door was finally opened and the mouse crawled out of the net to freedom, only to later die from the mice poisening that he had eaten before falling into the pool. :/ So there was my morning excitement.

Later in the afternoon, Fish Man came by and brought us more really cool fish for the giant saltwater tank! Now we have three clown fish! And he also brought one of those fish from Nemo that goes crazy over bubbles. :) And a few others....it's so colorful! I wish my phone took better pictures, but it alas....it doesn't. So sorry no pics this time.

Then I got to go home early which is always fun and as I was driving and enjoying a welcome spell of sunshine, I looked up and saw a rainbow! It wasn't very long but it was so bright! You could see every color very distinctly and it was so beautiful! Unfortunately, you can't drive while looking up at the sky....well I guess you can, but it's not safe or smart...anyway I had to stop looking at it in order to get home in one piece. Rainbows are one of those parts of God's creation that never ceases to completely fascinate me. Rainbows, fireflies, and star....to me those are the most fascinating things in the world! They are like parts of the fantasy world that God decided to put into the real world. I mean seriously, a bug that can light up without electricity!!???!!! God is so amazing!

After dinner, Mom and I went to T.J. Max where I thoroughly enjoyed trying on some ginormous beach hats. I mean we're talkin'" My Fair Lady, let's go to the horse races" hats. I wish my twin(Hannah) had been there to try on hats with me. :) I refrained from buying any of the afore mentioned hats and got a couple of belts, a movie, and a purse hook. Ok so these purse hooks!!! They are so CUTE! They are these little gadjets that hook to like the table at a restaurant to hange your purse on! ADORABLE.

Also today, I made a strawberry cake for Sunday potluck, listened to Relient K Christmas music, and talked to cousin Olivia on the phone.

Now, everyone has gone to bed,....except me obviously. I've a full day tomorrow so I should probably be off to bed as well. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

That was a really long post, eh?

:d

No comments: